Natural Vegan Chocolate Pie Recipe: Easy As Pie!
It’s the holiday season. You’ve been to that many parties, and each one features variants of pie, pie, and pie. If the mere thought of making yet another pie during the holiday season is making you tired, take a deep breath and check out this recipe. Contrary to popular belief, a pie does not have to be difficult or time-consuming to prepare to be delicious. If you prep the crust in advance or use your favorite store-bought pie crust, this recipe is no more complicated than blending and chilling. Easy as pie. Literally! 😉
Cooking time: 30-45 min
What You’ll Need
- 12.3-ounce package of extra firm, silken tofu
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons almond, rice, or soy milk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 ½ cups vegan dark chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 1 easy vegan graham cracker crust, recipe to follow
For The Crust
- 12 graham cracker sheets
- 2 tablespoons organic brown sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- To make the crust, preheat your oven to 375° F. Place the crackers and brown sugar in a food processor and beat to combine. Sprinkle in the coconut oil and pulse a few more times, until the crust holds together.
- Press the crust firmly into a pie crust pan, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until it starts looking golden brown. Allow to cool. I prefer homemade pie crusts, but if you like to cut corners, you can also choose to use a store-bought pie crust. I won’t tell anyone! 😉
- To make the chocolate filing, transfer the tofu, vanilla, almond milk, sea salt, and maple syrup to a food processor or blender and blend well.
- Melt the chips over a double boiler and add them to the tofu mix. Blend again.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the prepared pie crust and let it set in the fridge for at least three hours. Slice and serve.
Being vegan can have its challenges, but there are so many recipes – such as this one! – that can help make it easier. It might not be the healthiest of recipes, but everyone needs a little chocolate in their life! So, go on – treat yourself! Prepare this delicious dessert for your next family get together or work function. Just don’t forget to put some aside for yourself before you serve this – because there are no guarantees that there will be any leftovers!