White Chocolate Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart Recipe
Raspberries might arguably be my favorite fruit ever. (And considering that I just about live off fruit, that’s saying something!) Unfortunately, where I live, I don’t see them around too often, but when I can get my hands on a tray, it’s happy days ahead!
Raspberries aren’t just delicious, though; they’re chock-full of nutrients. Vitamins C, E and K, calcium, magnesium, folate, potassium, omega-3 fatty acids and iron make this fruit a positive powerhouse of nutrition – and deliciousness! It’s also a source of dietary fibre, which adds bulk to your stools and helps keep your system going.
This beautiful and delicious raw dessert is one you could see on display in one of the finest bakeries. Don’t get scared off by the many ingredients; the recipe is surprisingly simple. And, okay, it’s not exactly a kale salad, but for a dessert, it’s got some seriously good-for-you ingredients. Almonds, coconut oil, cacao powder, agave, and cashews help turn this into a delicious dessert that tastes like a treat (cheat?!), but is actually providing your body with so many nutrients.
Prep time: 30 min
What You’ll Need
For The Crust
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
For The Filling
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup raw agave or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup melted raw cacao butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 vanilla bean (use the scraped out the insides)
- 2 cups raspberries
For The Ganache
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup agave or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Start on the crust. Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped.
Add melted coconut oil and cacao. Pulse until well blended.
- Pat the crust mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch tart pan.
- Next, start on the filling. Blend cashews, agave, cacao butter, coconut oil and vanilla in a blender on high-speed until smooth.
- Spread 1/2 the cacao mixture over the crust. Place a layer of raspberries and top with the remaining cacao mixture.
- Finally, it’s time for the ganache. Whisk all ingredients together and pour over the white cacao layer.
- Chill until firm (at least 3 hours).
And there you have it: an easy-to-prepare, scrumptious dessert that’s sure to impress your friends and be an instant crowd-pleaser. Got a family dinner or a party with friends coming up? You know who’s bringing dessert! And you don’t have to tell anyone how healthy it is – they probably won’t believe you anyway! So sit back, relax, and enjoy the delicious taste of raspberries and chocolate – and all the compliments that come along with it.