Healthy Blueberry Morning Muffins Recipe
Start your morning off right with these great muffins! This is a quick and simple recipe that can be mixed up to just the way you like it. Grab a muffin to go or serve it as a great dessert at your next occasion.
Muffins are a delicious and filling snack. Ditch the milk chocolate this time and reward your sugar cravings with a muffin instead – probably a healthier alternative. You will stay satiated for longer, plus you will gain all the health benefits of the nutritious blueberries mixed in.
If you journey back in time, I can guarantee almost 100% that muffins will have a place somewhere in your maze of childhood memories, even if it’s only vague and nestling in a tiny corner of your memories storehouse. The best part about muffins is that you can never grow out of them. You can serve them to your two-year-old munchkin and to your 82-year-old grand – dad. They are a treat for every age.
Health Benefits Of Blueberries Explained
Blueberries are full of antioxidants, containing more antioxidants than any other berry. They benefit heart health, brain health and improve memory and cognition according to studies. The antioxidants in blueberries can reduce inflammation and the fiber they contain improves digestion. Because blueberries digest slowly, they keep you full for longer and aid in weight loss.
Health Benefits Of Almond Milk Explained
This recipe incorporates almond milk which is deliciously nutritious and great for those of you who are lactose intolerant or vegans. It is low in calories and packed with vitamins and minerals. Almond milk is a watered-down version of almonds; it’s made by blending almonds with water and then straining the mixture to remove any solid pieces left. Cooking time: 30 min
What You’ll Need
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk yoghurt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened smooth applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- Heat the oven to 175°C. Line a 12-muffin tin with paper liners and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Start whisking the flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Whisk the brown sugar, yogurt, almond milk, oil, applesauce and vanilla together in a medium bowl.
- Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture with a rubber spatula. Just before the batter comes together, fold in the divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins evenly with the demerara sugar. Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 24 minutes.
This recipe is so simple to make and turns out so scrumptious. There’s nothing like homemade muffins. When you buy cakes, you have no idea what mean ingredients were mixed in. You can eat these delicious treats with the confidence of knowing exactly what you are feeding your body. No dangerous chemicals in these ones.